Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Season of Thanks

Things that I am currently grateful for:

Thanksgiving. With no disrespect to Independence Day, I believe it is Thanksgiving that makes me proudest to be an American. An entire day devoted to eating, eating some more, and then capped off by more eating. All this is sandwiched around watching football and lounging around. Amazing. (Imagine God Bless America playing in the background while reading that last paragraph as a solitary tear rolls down my cheek.)

BYU beating Utah. Thank goodness. As Utah roared back from a 16 point deficit, I was orchestrating what would have been Tanya Hardingesque attack on Max Hall following the game. Luckily for all parties, Max did in fact make one good throw in the game, a perfect strike to a double covered Andrew George who sprinted into the end zone and saved Max from another epic choke and a potentially savage beating from my hired assailants. The important thing to remember is that Utah has once again been put in their place. Hall actually gets extra brownie points for his vicious thrashing of all things U of U after the game. Love me some trash talk. Suck it Utes!!

Technology. After watching movies and football for the past 4 days on my brother's 55 inch plasma TV, I can't help but admire the brave men and women who make such things possible. Thank you, Sony. Hopefully soon, I will be able to welcome one of your oversized models into my own apartment. Also, despite Cindy's constant belittling of my phone, it will now be allowing my to call her for free in Korea thanks to the free Skype app that was downloaded by me today. My phone accepts your apology, Cindy.

Mark Skinner. Welcome back into our lives, friend. True, it is only until Tuesday, but hopefully I can sell him on the idea of moving back to Utah until he starts getting paid handsomely for his mathematical nerdhood next year. From my lips to God's ears.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

i love this post. i never belittled your phone, i belittled you always on your phone. but its acceptable for you now because it will be used for a most excellent cause. and i wish i could be with you and mark skinner. so badly it hurts.

and like you said, suck it utes. booyah!

Ben said...

Max Hall did not impress me or Lisa during the game. We watched it on the big screen in Idaho, and we were pretty upset until the very final moments. Who blows a 16 point lead against your infamous arch rival? Douche. Well whatever we won.

Also, go iphones.